On behalf of everyone at ethos ESG, thank you for being a part of our community in 2021, and happy holidays!
We wish you and your loved ones a safe and rejuvenating holiday season. We're excited to work together in the new year to continue building a sustainable future for everyone.
Luke Wilcox, ethos ESG founder (and Billie)
Our impact in 2021
To measure some of the impact you're helping create, the ethos ESG team looked at anonymized portfolio data on Ethos compared to a benchmark (ACWI). We found that client portfolios on Ethos:
- Reduced carbon emissions equivalent to removing 230K cars from the road per year
- Were aligned with a 0.6°C cooler global warming pathway
- Reduced investments in weapons companies equal to 160,000 fewer weapons produced per year
- Voted for ESG-related resolutions 8x more frequently than the benchmark (through funds held in portfolios)
- Were more than 50% better aligned with the UN SDGs, based on Ethos ratings on each SDG
- Save more than 13,000 hectares of rainforest trees per year
- Are equal to almost 8,000 months of rent paid per year
- Reduced investments in oil and gas at a rate equivalent to divesting more than $58M from fossil fuels
Thank you for partnering with us in creating this impact. We look forward to working together to scale our impact in 2022 and beyond!